Events held at the BMI may use varying methods of selling tickets.
External producers that hold their events at the BMI are allowed to use their own ticketing method and are not required to use a platform endorsed by the BMI. Tickets for externally produced events are not available for purchase in person at BMI unless explicitly stated. The BMI does not take any responsibility for tickets sold or purchased via an external ticketing platform. We encourage external event organisers to follow the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (The LPA Code).
For events produced internally at BMI we either use our online shop, or sell tickets via Humanitix. When selling tickets we follow the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (The LPA Code). The LPA Code details the rights you have as a ticket purchaser and informs of when purchasers are entitled to a ticket refund.
We strongly encourage event attendees to read the LPA Code prior to purchasing a ticket.
In person: Tickets (to BMI produced events) can be purchased at the BMI Library by cash, credit card, and EFTPOS
Online: Via the BMI eShop, or via Humanitix (as detailed in the event listing)
All Victorian Seniors Card, Health Care Card, and Pension Card holders are eligible for Concession priced tickets where available.
All full-time students are eligible for Concession or Student priced tickets where available.
Tickets are not refundable. Refunds are only available as per the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
You have a right to a refund if the event to which you purchased an authorised ticket is cancelled.
A transaction fee may apply on tickets when purchased online, as detailed on the ticketing page.
Performance times are subject to change. Please check the website or contact the Venue or Presenter closer to the event date for more accurate information.
Conditions of Sale
When your purchase is sold by Ballaarat Mechanics’ Institute – ABN 53 004 034 575 – through Humanitix or Stripe the following terms and conditions apply to this sale:
- All tickets are non-refundable – exceptions may occur as outlined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code Of Practice. If a refund is made, Ballaarat Mechanics’ Institute reserves the right to retain any service (or equivalent) fee it has charged.
- A change in the personal circumstances of the Purchaser does not entitle the Purchaser to a refund or exchange on the ticket.
- Exchanges, where permissible, are subject to conditions and fees.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for use of tickets.
- Everyone attending a performance at the BMI and occupying a seat must hold a valid ticket for that performance.
- Children under 2 years of age will be admitted to performances free of charge on the condition that they do not occupy their own seat but are seated on the lap of their parent or guardian.
- The Presenter reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists; vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and audience capacity; and refuse admission with reasonable cause.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at a suitable break in the performance and may be excluded if no suitable break occurs.
- Patrons will be advised where photographic, film/video and sound recording of the performance is possible and is to be done in a manner respectful of the Performer and the intellectual property of the work. If patrons are not advised then recording of performances is not allowed.
- Patrons are required to conduct themselves in a way that will not interfere with the enjoyment of the performance by other patrons.
- Venue Management reserves the right at all times to request that patrons who breach these requirements leave the performance.